Friday, February 26, 2010

Those classy Canadian Women

Did the Canadian girls, a few of which were underage, go overboard in their celebration? I think they did. For some reason this seems to be a non-issue really. Which to me is sad. If ANY other team would have done this, they would have been ripped apart in the media. Should they celebrate, hell yeah they should. Should they be proud of beating the US hockey team and winning on home soil, hell yeah. Should they be celebrating in front of international cameras with cigars and champagne? No. Leave that stuff for the locker room. Show some class and respect your own countries laws and try not to underage drink in front of millions and millions of international viewers. I'm not even worried or concerned about the drinking at all. I am concerned about how the Canadian woman are getting a "get out of jail free" card for this. I want to reiterate, ANY other team that did this, would have been in serious trouble for doing that.

Do I care about underage drinking? Hell no, if you're old enough to go off to war and kill other people your age, then by all means you should be able to have a drink, but it's the law up there. If the Americans had done something like this, we would have been labeled "filthy Americans" and probably panned in the media for years to come. Being the host team DOES NOT give you the right to be cunts about it. Smoking Cigars and underage drinking is not acceptable on the international Olympic stage, in front of cameras. It's seems so obvious to me, but I guess the cold has fractured the part of their minds that controls attitude and decision making. It wasn't even close to class, it was downright pathetic. The French Canadian part of me is ashamed. if the rest of the world doesn't care, why should I? I don't know, but for some reason I do.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Just curious... how old were the ladies? The drinking age in Canada is 19, and maybe 18 in some parts.

They definitely don't look 17.